Sunday, October 12, 2008

You Scratch My back....

Being the political fanatic that I am I have learned the art of "favors" long before they became a survival technique. I worked for a prominent congressman in California and did some time with the LT. Governor's office as well. Where favors are common place. And networking is a way of life. The saying "Its who you know" is a fact of life and if you want to play the "game" you better get good at schmoozing. Unlike so many women out there I feel that using my sexuality is key. I am not a feminist and some might say I am a bit of a chauvinist. But that's ok because I've climbed many a ladder, despite the odds, in my day.

Anyway, the point is........in law school I am the "go to girl" I share everything my notes, my outlines, some secrets I've learned etc. This has paid off ten fold. Not only do my classmates love me (or pretend to) but they give me things too. Today I scored a copy of LEEWs and a really cheap Microsoft office 08 FOR FREE.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS ALWAYS PLAY NICE....CUZ IN THE END YOU WILL WIN.

2 comments:

K said...

So if I send you cookies you'll send me high quality crap, oh I mean notes?!

Good to know!

JD-Maybe said...

cookies will always do the trick...