Monday, February 27, 2012

My Disneyland Trip and that Interview for the Fake Boyfriend

Source: google.com via Reagan on Pinterest



I usually spend the weekends with my sister because she is my best friend and I can also still get my chores done.

Source: google.com via Joanna on Pinterest




This time we went to Disneyland and I was apprehensive. Grown ups and Disneyland or any other childish pastime freaks me OUT! Turns out that the people were actually quite normal and nothing too strange happened. I can see why people enjoy it, the colors, the animation, the music it is all very visually stimulating. I am stimulated by different things--I am less visual and way more intellectual. I spend my free time, reading, learning and researching my other interests (besides law). Just because the whole Disneyland experience is not my cup of tea, doesn't mean I did not enjoy the quality time with the kids. It was exhausting though. Keeping track of four rambunctious kids on a super busy day at Disneyland is not easy.

Plus, the food is gross.

Recently I posted on my facebook that an invite to Applebee's for a first date was tacky. People were outraged by my ungratefulness. There are people who can't eat at Applebees, there are people who don't have dates, etc.etc. Here's the thing, there is the app you can get it on any smart phone and it is called YELP. Who knew!?!? I am a bit of a food snob in the sense that I want to eat at a mom n pop, or hole in the wall with amazing reviews. Generally speaking these secret gems are moderately to low priced, low key and offer delicious food. What is wrong with that? If a guy asks a girl out, why not put a LITTLE thought into it?

Source: google.com via Corie on Pinterest



Here is how the probably last convo with me and Benzie went:

Him: So when can I see you again?
Me: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't know what did you have in mind?
Him: Well how about you come out to Orange County and I'll take you out over here?
Me: Ok, well...I like to be outdoors if at all possible, I'm pretty active, I like golf, I want to learn chess, and I love hole in the wall ethnic food.
Him: Ok, how about we rent a movie?

Me: (to myself) clearly this fool did not hear ONE SINGLE WORD I SAID. I gave him 100 ideas to work with. He lives at the beach for gods sake, my favorite place on earth is the beach and you want to rent a movie. FUCK NO.

Me: to him: I'll get back to you on that.




So the plan is that one day this week, I am just going to tell him that I don't want to talk to him anymore--period. I don't have time for nonsense. I need to spend the little time I have with the people I love, not with some random guy who I really don't even have any interest in. So much for trying to date.

8 weeks till Graduation! Working out is doing me good, body is getting there...I'm def. stronger and I def feel more confident..

Work: Well, you know, that's all. Got bigger fish to fry.

No comments: