Monday, June 10, 2013

Day in The Life of ....

Me! Of course. I had one of those drives home where I thought to myself, 'holy shit a lot happened today!' I don't have time to process all of the crazy stuff I encounter in a day. So, I'll document today, even though it wasn't any more or less eventful than any other day... Just for the sake of one day looking back and saying, wow I have seen a lot!

6:00 a.m. Wake up absolutely dreading the day

8:00 a.m. Get to work, instantly feel better. (oh yeah I kinda like this place)

8-12 Help everyone else do their work, solve problems, break copy machines speak to 300 people, serve subpoena's, threaten a few people...

12-1230 Drive to lunch with boss who proceeds to lecture me for 30 minutes about studying for the bar exam- Try really, really, really, reallllllly hard not to break down and cry because I am so frustrated.

12:30-1 pm Eat lunch with boss

1:00-130 Go shopping with boss, witness him and another man quickly develop a bro-mance...browse suits, ties, etc. We walk into this high end men's retail store and the whole place turns to look at us. A man says, "Looks like the boss is here." I have no idea what the fuck is going on. (My boss just has a presence) Everywhere he goes people stop and look at him. The man approached my boss and said, "What do you do for a living?" My boss says, I'm an attorney. He says, "Oh i used to be a cop. [ok...so...?] The man walks away tries on a shirt, comes out and he's playing with his nipples through the shirt. The man tells the sales lady, "this undershirt isn't hiding my breasts." My boss interjects, "Well that's because you are playing with your nipples, shit you are making my nipples hard too." Im thinking OMG!!!!!! But it's really fucking funny.

Fast forward....

3:00 p.m. consultation with a woman and her non English speaking male/"mail-order" groom / sancho. She hasn't paid taxes in 35 years (uh oh!) Oh, and spouse doesn't know about sancho [our lil secret]

4:00 consultation with the most vibrant, happy, man on earth. Had two heart transplants and a kidney transplant. Somehow he touched me.

In hindsight all of this seems very superficial but each of these encounters was highly stimulating and emotional. Whether it was a hilarious moment, a tear jerking moment or an inspirational moment--today is how all my days are. It's no wonder I'm numb. Who could really handle all of this in one day? I do. E.V.E.R.Y. day. Now I know why I don't let myself feel. It's way too exhausting.

No comments: