Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Secret...

There will undoubtedly be eye rolling at this post. In the past I have dabbled with meditation with some interesting results. Lets just say I noticed a lot of coincidences and things just working out all the time. The problem is that I am not dedicated enough to put 10-20 minutes aside daily-- to do it. I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks either. (again)

Anyway, I was thinking back on the days when I meditated regularly and remembered how different my perspective was. You see when your mind is chaotic like mine and you spend all of your time dwelling on either the past or the future you are said to be "not present." Meditation clears the chaos and allows you to focus.

I know this probably sounds super ridiculous but my strangeness should come as no surprise by now. When it comes to my weird personality quirks I have no shame. The nightmares HAVE to go so I began meditating again to try and calm my spazmic ass down. It's working.

So...what do i do to meditate? The meditation technique I use is a mixture of shit I have picked up here and there. Before I go to bed I repeat several words in my head over and over and over and over again blocking out any other thoughts. If something leaks through or I loose focus I just start over. My mantra has been......get ready to die laughing at how cheesy I am....nevermind I can't do it! It's really that bad. I will tell you that the words I repeat are well wishes to my classmates. You get what you put out there and you attract what you are-- that is a fact. Wishing them well makes me well. If you are not a meditation type person, and I find most are not, try gratitude it works the same. Think of all the things you should be grateful for and awknowledge those people or things. Almost a half a week without a night terror.

I promise I will have something horrible and sarcastic and evil to say tomorrow. The sweet angel part of me seeps out sometimes and I can't control her. Sorry...

No comments: