Thursday, October 1, 2009

In the "Now"

Im a dork and I love Ekhart Tolle. The idea of "being present" is so underated. If you practice it for a few days you will notice you regain that youthful vibrance. It's really hard to explain but paying attention to what is going on RIGHT NOW and being aware of your surroundings is so good for your mind. It keeps you alert and less stressed.

The truth of the matter is--worrying about yesterday or dreading tomorrow does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for you. Maybe you think by worrying about something that is out of control you are really strategizing for how to deal with the aftermath of a bad decisions or fuck up. If you think rationally about it worrying or strategizing about things already done will never help you. You only become bogged down with stress.

I wish everyone would try to stop themselves from thinking for just one day

* I wrote this post on Monday then I watched Grey's Anatomy on Thursday. I must be a clairvoyant.

No comments: