Saturday, November 30, 2013

Almost Perfect...

When life is Almost Perfect…

Dating, life, and acceptance will be the theme today. I had the great pleasure of indulging in December’s issue of Cosmo. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to allow my mind to wander and contemplate frivolous things like sex and love. Ahhhhhh! How I missed it.

My friends and I have all become quite active in the dating world. This means pure crazy everywhere I turn. Girls are crazy and boys are dumb! Here we are all guessing, manipulating, and thinking way too hard about stupid meaningless shit.

For the last few months of my life I decided to distract myself from impending bar results by dating. There have been many men. Most of who were purely social experiments. I studied them; cross examined them and then reported my findings to my girlfriends who were starving for an inside link into a man’s mind. My questions were: “what is the most annoying thing you have experienced with a girl.” “How often do you want to have sex?” “Why do men turn their girlfriends into this un-sexy object after they fall in love?” “What do you think of prenups?” “Marriage”?
There was no shame in my line of questioning because frankly I did not give a fuck about any of these men. None of them caught my attention and I think it is because my motives were different. Not looking for love, just looking to pass the time and learn about men.

Then one fateful Thursday, after multiple failed attempts to coordinate a date, a guy I will call HP asked me out again and I hesitated. He seemed nice enough but results were the next day and I couldn’t stomach the idea of another interview with a man. Distraction on this day was impossible. The most important day of my life was the next day. Despite my nerves, I met him.
We clicked on every level and for a few days he was ALL about me. Now, he has ghosted me. Disappeared. Communication became vague, closed ended-- polite texts to ease his conscience. “Hope your day was good?’ Wait! What happened to the sweet long messages about specific details of his day?

Then I read the article about Ghosting. Something clicked in my head. It happens. Guys loose interest that quickly. Fuck it. NEXT. I’ll let you go my perfect next boyfriend. Thanks for reminding me that I do have it in me to be genuinely interested in a man for more than just a distraction. Don’t fret girls I’m on to the next. More info. Coming soon.


No comments: